Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever taken Celexa or any other antidepressant and found it helped a lot with the anxiety of IBS (travelling etc). Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Celexa helped with the anxiety, and my IBS symptoms did improve when I was on it, albeit did not disappear, but were better. There was a side effect (personal) that I eventually got tired of, so I quit taking it (gradually quitting is very important!). I do miss the calming effect of being on it, though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Celexa helped with the anxiety, and my IBS symptoms did improve when I was on it, albeit did not disappear, but were better. There was a side effect (personal) that I eventually got tired of, so I quit taking it (gradually quitting is very important!). I do miss the calming effect of being on it, though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm trying celexa this week, waiting till Friday in case there are any side effects. Curious about what others think of this antidepressant and if they had any problems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm trying celexa this week, waiting till Friday in case there are any side effects. Curious about what others think of this antidepressant and if they had any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts