Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wake up every morning with my heart racing and being very nervous. My tummy is of course uncomfortable too. All my symptoms make me more and more anxious. Food is disgusting and I force myself to eat. I can tell I lost weight because people commenting on it. I am already on 30 mg Celexa but it doesn't seem to help me. KLonopin I take only once in a while because of the dependency issue ( about 2-3 times a months). It helps a bit. Why am I feeling so bad right now ? Am I already addicted to Klonopin anyway ? What else can I do about my symptoms ? When I eat, the food feels like a rock in my tummy and I can't stand the discomfort. I feel like I develop a food phobia. Any suggestion ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are working or in school try taking some time off. I took a month off when I first got diagnosed so I could figure out my tricker foods and what helped.And I so get where you're coming from with the food phobia. I hated food for some time... and barely touched it. But my advice is to eat like 5-6 times a day and eat small proportions. NEVER overeat.There are a lot of tips on this site that help, read them. And it will take some time to figure out what works and does not work for you... but it's worth it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Medication for anxiety is a stop gap measure...good for emergencies or to keep you calmer for a short to moderate period of time. Finding a good therapist (not always easy to do) and doing the work to find the cause of your anxiety is the key to long lasting relief or minimization of anxiety symptoms. It is worth the effort, time and cost...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.