Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

anxiety problems

261 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  norbert46 
#1 ·
I had two very important exams today and I had terrible IBS pains, it felt like I had a constant stich in my stomach and I was badly constipated, is this normal, anything I can do?claire

See less See more
#3 ·
ClairF, you have my best wishes for relief from the terrible anxiety and IBS. My IBS/D and all anxiety was relieved by Mike's Audioprogram in the box in the upper left corner of this page! If you have any food issues folks here like MikeNoLomotil are the experts to talk to. But anxiety has to be corrected in the subconcious mind and that's what the tape program does for us. You can go to the Cognitive..Hypno BB and ask questions and read supporting information. As far as any immediate relief without meds, you can sit down and relax and take slow deep breaths all the way down to your stomach and tell yourself to "relax deeply" over and over. Do this at home without interference and once you can feel the "calming" effect it will work for you at school or work by thinking about the relaxing effect and doing the "breathing" exercise and tell yourself to "relax deeply". Good luck, Norb

#2 ·
ClairF, you have my best wishes for relief from the terrible anxiety and IBS. My IBS/D and all anxiety was relieved by Mike's Audioprogram in the box in the upper left corner of this page! If you have any food issues folks here like MikeNoLomotil are the experts to talk to. But anxiety has to be corrected in the subconcious mind and that's what the tape program does for us. You can go to the Cognitive..Hypno BB and ask questions and read supporting information. As far as any immediate relief without meds, you can sit down and relax and take slow deep breaths all the way down to your stomach and tell yourself to "relax deeply" over and over. Do this at home without interference and once you can feel the "calming" effect it will work for you at school or work by thinking about the relaxing effect and doing the "breathing" exercise and tell yourself to "relax deeply". Good luck, Norb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.