Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a colonoscopy next Tues- Am scared to death as had one in 95 and I wasn't quite out enough and felt every bit of it- couldn't talk, but could feel it- Has anybody experienced this before and any advice - guess I just need some reassurance that I can get through this-I know the prep is the worst part- My new gastro wants to check to see if biopsy shows Collagenous Colitis-hope not-thanks for any help u can give me- donnamaria

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Tell them that you could feel it last time and they may be able to up the dosage of pain med this time. Also if you want a good prep then take magnesium citrate with ducolax pills and drink lots of water before you start the prep. I found this prep the most palatable and easiest to take as I only had to drink one bottle of the stuff.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm with Nicol, just inform him ahead of time what your experience was in 1995 and I am sure they will knock you out. I had one in 1999 and was just twilighted, not out completely. When it started to hurt I remember trying to yell (don't know if I was heard or not) but I did wiggle and they upped the dose and I was completely out for the rest of the procedure.Remember, soft toilet paper, book of crosswords or word searches, magazines, cushy toilet seat if you can wing it. Best of luck to you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ditto, Taffy-The stuff I had to drink the night before made me sick as a dog(or a person with really bad IBS)-I couldn't get off the toilet without having an accident- pure liquid coursing through my bowels for about 12 hours.. I barely made it to the hospital in the morning for the procedure.But the procedure itself was fine- I was totally out- woke up in the recovery area (just how I like it)I too suggest telling the doc ahead of time your last experience- it's really not supposed to be painful..Good luck- I'm sure it will be fine
other susan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.