Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have tried antispasmodics,but unfortunately they did not help my pain,but remember we are all different,so maybe you should give them a try.There are a few kinds,so if one did not help,you can try another.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Peppermint is a natural anti-spasmodic. It comes in pills, oil, and tea so you can choose what you like. I think they all work great. I did take Bentyl for a while and it did help but I prefer to use natural remedies when I can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently went to the Dr.s and was diagnosed with IBS (I did a lot of research prior, including this website, so I was not surprised) I was prescribed CHLORD/CLIDI in a 5-2.5M capsule (Which, I believe, is the generic form of Librax), during the visit (Thankfully!) I wasn't even aware that medications existed to help calm symptoms of IBS. He also had me do a "stool card", to test for blood in my bowel movements, basically as a "double check" to make sure I don't have an infection or other disorder. (I haven't gotten the results back yet.)The Chlord/Clidi is part ant-spasm, part anxiety medicine. It has worked so far for me. I basically take it as needed up to three times a day. It does make me slightly drowsy, though. I can't say that it has completely eliminated my symptoms (my most troublesome was SEVERE cramping and pain. I'm talking, doubled over, sweating, pain), but when taken when I feel the pain coming on, it seems to take effect relatively quickly. It does seem to be an anti-diarrheal, to an extent, so I have yet to see regulated/normal stools, but I just started taking it. I hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went on Librax 2 weeks ago and it has been a miracle drug for me. I get pain and extreme tenderness and it has almost given me my life back. I have learned what foods cause horrible cramping and gas pain, so I stay away from all those now, so I rarely have those symptoms anymore. I can't handle fiber at all, and corn and wheat products really bother me. Basically I am on rice products and protein now. I just hope the Librax keeps working. I take it 3 times a day, and it doesn't really make me drowsy. I do sleep better now tho, and because of the anti-anxiety part I am much less stressed, I am not constantly worrying about my situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.