Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see some celebrities come out and admit they have IBS, maybe then they might find answers. Seems like everytime a celebrity gets an illness they start a foundation for it. I've never heard a celebrity admit they have IBS. I can't blame them though, too embarrasing I suppose. Although if Katie Couric (sp?) can talk about her husbands colon cancer, you'd think somebody would step forward with IBS, cause you know that some of them must have it.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Camille Gramner has IBS and apparently has came on this site...I've seen Kelsey talk about his wife's IBS too.It would be very hard...can you imagine all the pressure on a person? Picture it: all the pressure of an awards show and everytime you get get a "look" on your face or get up people thinking you are going to have an "accident"? (in the case of "D") Also, I think most celebrities want to be known for their work, not their illness. Would be nice if in a perfect world it could happen both ways, but not as likely. Just like most people with IBS don't want to be known as "the sick one"; I think some celebrities would think that way too.[This message has been edited by Auroraheart (edited 01-20-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An english actor named Terance Stamp has IBS, or at least had problems in the past. I remember reading an article on him. He decided to set up his own health food range, called The Stamp Collection, mainly making things like wheat and gluten free breads.I dont know if he has a web site,if I find one i'll let you know

1 - 3 of 3 Posts