Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have side effects from everything I've tried for C. I've gotten migraines from Miralax before but I've got to do something & my PCP has suggested this before. I do have kidney disease but I have to take the chance. Just wondering if any seniors use this & did you have a problem? When I started having trouble with prunes I knew I was in trouble. thanks.

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts
i'm 70 and no i didn't have a problem using miralax good luck with ev everything

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have side effects from everything I've tried for C. I've gotten migraines from Miralax before but I've got to do something & my PCP has suggested this before. I do have kidney disease but I have to take the chance. Just wondering if any seniors use this & did you have a problem? When I started having trouble with prunes I knew I was in trouble. thanks.
I am 80 and use Miralax most days. Haven’t had any problems with it. Just don’t think it helps much. Hope you get some help

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 73 and new to this forum and 7-8 months into whatever this diagnosis is...the doctors are still unsure of what to label it. But, that said I have C and was just told to start Miralax - I'm on day 2 - nothing happened on day 1 - tonight....it was bombs over Berlin as my Mom used to say - no headaches. But, that said, I happened to notice that the Tums I was taking contain sorbitol, which makes my extremely gassy almost immediately - as does the Gavison that I was also taking for a while. Some of the generic Tums do not have sorbitol - which is hideous for my G.I. system. BTW I also take enough prunes to put someone else on permanent house arrest!
Take care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there, I take one-half cup of black or pinto beans along with Beanzyme (generic for Beano without the mannitol). It helps me have normal bms. Good luck and God bless

·
Registered
151 Posts
In my experience, Miralax takes a little longer to work than stimulant laxatives like senna.

You might have to just take it every day. Of course, I can't speak for everyone, but I find less side effects with Miralax than stimulant laxatives. Stimulant laxatives aggravate my IBS symptoms (i.e., pain and gut spasms).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts