Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member as of today, but have been reading your posts for quite some time now. I am a 45 year old male with IBS/C, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Panic disorder, and many allergies. I am wondering where I could get a complete exam for all of these problems, as my local clinic seems to have run out of answers. They have referred me to a Psych., and I am now taking Xanax which helps the panic - but not the symptoms. Thanks, and good luck to all you fine people.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
John - welcome to the BB. We have a cabin up in the Hayward area
My in-laws also used to live up there p/t in the summer (before my FIL died). I do know that the residents up there go to Duluth for alot of the specialized medical attention. When my FIL fell ill, he had to be medi-vacced from Hayward Hospital to Duluth. There are several large hospital complexes right there on the lakefront.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
John - welcome to the BB. We have a cabin up in the Hayward area
My in-laws also used to live up there p/t in the summer (before my FIL died). I do know that the residents up there go to Duluth for alot of the specialized medical attention. When my FIL fell ill, he had to be medi-vacced from Hayward Hospital to Duluth. There are several large hospital complexes right there on the lakefront.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I have an appointment to see if I have any food allergies, and after I get those results I will contact Dr. Young, as he is only 90 miles away. Hard to believe so many people have these problems. I have had problems ever since I was a kid, but in my case they are getting worse year after year. Thanks again for your information!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I have an appointment to see if I have any food allergies, and after I get those results I will contact Dr. Young, as he is only 90 miles away. Hard to believe so many people have these problems. I have had problems ever since I was a kid, but in my case they are getting worse year after year. Thanks again for your information!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.