Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if there are any Gulf War veterans out there who think that their IBS and related symptoms may be linked in some way to something that happened to them in the Persian Gulf in 1991.Kenny MacDonald

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've never even been out of CA, but my dad was in vietnam.When I first started getting really sick and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, my dad thought maybe it was because of the chemicals he had been exposed to.That makes an interesting question. How many people whith IBS where exposed to chemicals or had a parent exposed?.Marvin

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've never even been out of CA, but my dad was in vietnam.When I first started getting really sick and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, my dad thought maybe it was because of the chemicals he had been exposed to.That makes an interesting question. How many people whith IBS where exposed to chemicals or had a parent exposed?.Marvin

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
My son-in-law was in the Gulf War. He is now with the Massachusetts State Police...and is a "normal" as apple pie and ice cream.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
My son-in-law was in the Gulf War. He is now with the Massachusetts State Police...and is a "normal" as apple pie and ice cream.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Banned
375 Posts
I never have seen a "Normal State Trooper" The ones I have talked to are on a never ending EGO trip.(maybe not all are like that) The ones I know were the type who got picked on in school and now they are out there with a little power, flexing that power. I had a friend in school Frankie who moved to New Jersey and is now a State Trooper in NJ, he fits the profile. Oh by the way I have never been arrested, I just have to deal with them now and then. My best friend has two son in-laws that are cops, he said their egos are so pumped up its not funny. Howie Carr says the samething about Troopers most are on a power trip.Tim[This message has been edited by mxz583 (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
Banned
375 Posts
I never have seen a "Normal State Trooper" The ones I have talked to are on a never ending EGO trip.(maybe not all are like that) The ones I know were the type who got picked on in school and now they are out there with a little power, flexing that power. I had a friend in school Frankie who moved to New Jersey and is now a State Trooper in NJ, he fits the profile. Oh by the way I have never been arrested, I just have to deal with them now and then. My best friend has two son in-laws that are cops, he said their egos are so pumped up its not funny. Howie Carr says the samething about Troopers most are on a power trip.Tim[This message has been edited by mxz583 (edited 08-31-2001).]

·
Registered
179 Posts
My hubby is a gulf war vet..he dont have IBS thats me...but he has been thru all the tests at VA for gulf war illness and they didnt do a thorough enough testing..he has memory lapses, concentration probs..he was administerd the vaccines..botulism,anthrax etc and he took the little white pill they are now researching...------------------AussieDeb
quote:In this world we all need humor
aussiecoppin###aol.com

·
Registered
179 Posts
My hubby is a gulf war vet..he dont have IBS thats me...but he has been thru all the tests at VA for gulf war illness and they didnt do a thorough enough testing..he has memory lapses, concentration probs..he was administerd the vaccines..botulism,anthrax etc and he took the little white pill they are now researching...------------------AussieDeb
quote:In this world we all need humor
aussiecoppin###aol.com

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Tim,My son-in-law does not have an inflated ego, nor is on any kind of power trip. He is first and foremost a wonderful husband to my daughter, a terrific father to their two little boys and a thoughful and caring son-in-law to me and my husband.He served his country for four years as a United States Marine and now puts his life on the line everyday as a Massachusetts state trooper. What do you do?....besides trying to find fault with everybody else??? It must be uncomfortable going through life with a constant hair across your ass. ------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Tim,My son-in-law does not have an inflated ego, nor is on any kind of power trip. He is first and foremost a wonderful husband to my daughter, a terrific father to their two little boys and a thoughful and caring son-in-law to me and my husband.He served his country for four years as a United States Marine and now puts his life on the line everyday as a Massachusetts state trooper. What do you do?....besides trying to find fault with everybody else??? It must be uncomfortable going through life with a constant hair across your ass. ------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Banned
375 Posts
If you read my post I said I never seen, I also said most. I glad your son in-law isn't on a ego trip. I guess if you asked him he would tell you a lot of them are on ego trips. My best friend only talks to one of his son in-laws because the other one is so into his ego he can't stand him. We have a new cop in town he has lived in this town all his life, he thinks he is Dirty Harry now. When you deal with nine jerks its hard to remember the one out of ten that is ok.Tim

·
Banned
375 Posts
If you read my post I said I never seen, I also said most. I glad your son in-law isn't on a ego trip. I guess if you asked him he would tell you a lot of them are on ego trips. My best friend only talks to one of his son in-laws because the other one is so into his ego he can't stand him. We have a new cop in town he has lived in this town all his life, he thinks he is Dirty Harry now. When you deal with nine jerks its hard to remember the one out of ten that is ok.Tim

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Tim....whatever! There are good and bad in every profession. And by the way, why on earth would you think I would care what Howie Carr says about the police. Howie Carr is the biggest ego maniac on talk radio..running second to the biggest windbag of all, Rush Limbaugh. Howie and VB are both rude and abnoxious and I can't believe you would put any stock in what either of them have to say. ------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Tim....whatever! There are good and bad in every profession. And by the way, why on earth would you think I would care what Howie Carr says about the police. Howie Carr is the biggest ego maniac on talk radio..running second to the biggest windbag of all, Rush Limbaugh. Howie and VB are both rude and abnoxious and I can't believe you would put any stock in what either of them have to say. ------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Things are getting a bit out of hand here, guys. I wanted to know if there were any readers out there suffering from IBS who had been in the Gulf in 1991. I can't see what that has to do with either horrendously horrible or exceedingly pleasant policemen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Things are getting a bit out of hand here, guys. I wanted to know if there were any readers out there suffering from IBS who had been in the Gulf in 1991. I can't see what that has to do with either horrendously horrible or exceedingly pleasant policemen.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Kenny, Sorry about the side show. We can get back on track. Norb, drag Tim away, now. Thank you. Normal programming will now return...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts