Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time, no post but I need some info...Refresher: I am IBS-D, my mom has Chrones Disease.My mom saw a program on television that talked about people with Digestive diseases that are being helped by this special diet. This program talked about several different things such as removing the skins from carrots....due to residue left behind even after scrubbing. Also there was mention of many "ready made" and fast food items containing Chlorate(? not sure if this is it) and the removal of this from ones diet has greatly decreased the spasms and other aspects of ibs/chrones disorders.Any help is greatly appreciated here!Michele

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Certain people will benefit from a very low-residue diet. Particularly some people with Inflamatory Bowel Diseases when they are active because fiber rubbing on the ulcers for them is alot like wearing a scratchy wool sweater on top of a rash.Some people with certain problems with very slow transit times may also need a very low residue diet.However with IBS the amount of fiber needed varies considerably and some people require alot of fiber to have the colon work normally.Now they may be talking about some other residue like pestacides or waxes and that would be something different. I have no idea what food additive they think is the bad thing.There are those that believe that most illnesses are because of food additive and pestcides.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Certain people will benefit from a very low-residue diet. Particularly some people with Inflamatory Bowel Diseases when they are active because fiber rubbing on the ulcers for them is alot like wearing a scratchy wool sweater on top of a rash.Some people with certain problems with very slow transit times may also need a very low residue diet.However with IBS the amount of fiber needed varies considerably and some people require alot of fiber to have the colon work normally.Now they may be talking about some other residue like pestacides or waxes and that would be something different. I have no idea what food additive they think is the bad thing.There are those that believe that most illnesses are because of food additive and pestcides.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts