Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, and wondering how you handle depositions. In the past I have found that the only thing I can do to make it through day-long (or longer) depositions is not to eat. Now I have diabetes and must eat regularly. Any tips?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have IBS-C so long depositions are usually not a problem other than bloating and cramping. I usually don't have to go to the bathroom unless I have taken a strong laxative. I take Miralax daily and sometimes that does kick in during a deposition. But the Miralax does not cause great urgency and I can usually wait until a convenient breaking point. If you are taking the deposition, you are in control of the proceeding and can just call for a break when you need it. Who cares what the other side or the witness thinks. Even if I am defending the deposition, I ask for a break when I need it. It is a good idea to break for five minutes every hour or so anyway to keep your witness mentally fresh. I do this regardless of whether I am having bowel problems.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have IBS-C so long depositions are usually not a problem other than bloating and cramping. I usually don't have to go to the bathroom unless I have taken a strong laxative. I take Miralax daily and sometimes that does kick in during a deposition. But the Miralax does not cause great urgency and I can usually wait until a convenient breaking point. If you are taking the deposition, you are in control of the proceeding and can just call for a break when you need it. Who cares what the other side or the witness thinks. Even if I am defending the deposition, I ask for a break when I need it. It is a good idea to break for five minutes every hour or so anyway to keep your witness mentally fresh. I do this regardless of whether I am having bowel problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
as attorney's do you know if patients with ibs are covered under the american's with disabilities act? I am returning to teaching, I have a letter from my doctor stating I need a classroom with a bathroom and personnel is basically ignoring my request. I was assigned to a room that shares with many others. My district is so careful with compliance for disabled students. I have ibs with explosive and almost no warning d. I feel invisable and even the teachers union said there are so many loopholes in the ada that most lawyers wouldn't even take the case. What do you think?

·
Registered
125 Posts
as attorney's do you know if patients with ibs are covered under the american's with disabilities act? I am returning to teaching, I have a letter from my doctor stating I need a classroom with a bathroom and personnel is basically ignoring my request. I was assigned to a room that shares with many others. My district is so careful with compliance for disabled students. I have ibs with explosive and almost no warning d. I feel invisable and even the teachers union said there are so many loopholes in the ada that most lawyers wouldn't even take the case. What do you think?

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I have written before, to control D and go out into the world, I take half of a Tylenol #4 with codeine one hour before I need to go out. This calms the gut and lets you live life for a few hours. If necessary, repeat in a few hours.Mark

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I have written before, to control D and go out into the world, I take half of a Tylenol #4 with codeine one hour before I need to go out. This calms the gut and lets you live life for a few hours. If necessary, repeat in a few hours.Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.