Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Bladder irritation, urinary frequency, etc. which can be mistaken for infection is a fairly common co-morbidity with people who complain of IBS-d-type or cyclic d&c symptoms. This is because the mechanisms which provoke the symptoms are not only similar but "interconnected". The discovery of proinflammatory medistor release in the small bowel as provoked by foods or additives in this population shows that often other systemic symptoms result from this same food or chemical intolerance and the mediators released systemically...in other words "comorbidities".An array of symptom sets can occur from migraine to asthma to arthralgic conditions to urinary frequency and discomfort. And of course all the tests done to look for the usual causes of the bladder woes come back negative.This was one of my personal comorbidities that suffered from so badly until I found my reactive foods and additives and avoided them permanently that my friends used to shake their heads every time I got up to run to the john, sadly telling others who had just made my acquaintance that "tsk tsk poor Mike, he has TB."Sometimes the new acquaintance would later express concern for my TB condition, and ask me to explain how TB could cause urinary frequency....to which I would respond "Yes, I have TB. TINY BLADDER!!!!MNL

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Bladder irritation, urinary frequency, etc. which can be mistaken for infection is a fairly common co-morbidity with people who complain of IBS-d-type or cyclic d&c symptoms. This is because the mechanisms which provoke the symptoms are not only similar but "interconnected". The discovery of proinflammatory medistor release in the small bowel as provoked by foods or additives in this population shows that often other systemic symptoms result from this same food or chemical intolerance and the mediators released systemically...in other words "comorbidities".An array of symptom sets can occur from migraine to asthma to arthralgic conditions to urinary frequency and discomfort. And of course all the tests done to look for the usual causes of the bladder woes come back negative.This was one of my personal comorbidities that suffered from so badly until I found my reactive foods and additives and avoided them permanently that my friends used to shake their heads every time I got up to run to the john, sadly telling others who had just made my acquaintance that "tsk tsk poor Mike, he has TB."Sometimes the new acquaintance would later express concern for my TB condition, and ask me to explain how TB could cause urinary frequency....to which I would respond "Yes, I have TB. TINY BLADDER!!!!MNL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.