Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been suffering from this frustrating affliction for over 6 years now (only being diagnosed after 3 years), to the point where the bloating is now severe and downright embarrassing. I am at the point where I need to knock it clean out of my system or risk wrecking my future career prospects. I have through much research, come to the conclusion that IBS is essentially a psychosomatic illness directly linked to stress or so I am fairly certain my case is, as it was brought on shortly after a stressful period in my life and has stayed with me from then on, with the bloating possibly linked to incorrect breathing patterns. Are you now free of IBS? I have tried many limiting diets to no avail and I am of the belief that pharmaceuticals are not necessary unless for life threatening cases as it appears to treat the symptoms and not the cause. I am not a tranquilizing anti depression drug pill taking kinda guy... Any suggestions? Yoga? Meditation?

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the posts guys, I guess I have IBS D only having recently found out what that means but I suffer mainly from massive bloating. The D only began relatively recently but the bloating has been with me from the beginning. I originally thought I was putting on weight in one place only but after exercising it did not disappear and EVENTUALLY a doctor was kind enough to enlighten me that I had IBS. The bloating is now bigger than ever which is highly frustrating being a slim guy with a fast metabolism. My first clue that IBS was linked to my breathing pattern was the fact that I was waking up in the morning with my belly flat. No food or drink intake aggravates it. I also wondered if perhaps my nervous system had been damaged from recreational drugs in the past and this was causing the upset but I am not so sure about that. I WILL beat this, but boy oh boy is it ****ing irritating or what!! I am still sure the illness is predominantly stress / psychosomatic related possibly altering the body's behaviour over long periods. I will find the answer somewhere and keep you all posted. Feel free to send me any advice. Thanks.BB

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not too keen on hypnotizing therapy because it is the installation of mental triggers to counteract mental problems, or so I am told. I am ideally going to try and defeat this ailment as naturally as possible. I am of the belief that if the mind spawned it, the mind can erradicate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.