Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with IBS about 3 years ago. The only testing performed was an ultrasound to rule out gall bladder issues. I have recurring pain on my right side right under my rib cage with the pain sometimes radiating in my abdomen. I frequently feel the pain in the morning. I have alternating C and D (occasional mucus). Does anyone have similar symptoms, specifically the right side pain which can sometimes be severe?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same symptoms! About 5 years ago my doctor ordered an ultrasound to rule out my gallbladder. The test came back normal. All blood tests are normal as well. I have had the pain for 7 years, but have had IBS for 25 years. My doctors are still puzzled to this day. Let me know if you have any success in a diagnosis.Carrie

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody! I'm new to this..I have been having issues for over a year now..but really bad for about 6-7 mths...I went to regular doctor and had galbladder ruled out..with two ultrasounds and 2 HIDA scans...for the pain on the right side under the rib cage, radiating out sometimes, and sometimes it hurts so bad I can't hardly move.... I had a colonoscopy about a week and a half ago..turns out I have spastic colon, or IBS, whatever you wanna call it.. MY doctor does not know why I still have pain in my right side, and I think it might be related to IBS...Glad to hear somebody else has the same issue as I do, it's starting to wear on me. If anybody gets any answers as to whether or not the right side pain can be related or not, I would love to know about it!! God bless all til next time I post!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.