Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in april 98, i had a major lower gi surgery done. rectal reconstruction, polyp removal, fissure removal etc. i had sufered from chronic constipation, pain and "d" for about 1 year. in july on 98, i had to go in for emergency surgery. apparently, because of the pain etc, and constipation, constant trauma was being applied to the colon and bowel. what eneded up happening was the appendix went bad. it did not rupture, but abcessed for about 2 months. i lost a part of my colon, bowel, illium, a value that regulates movement and more.so if anyone has similar abdomal pain, do not rule out appendix or another underlying inflammatory stuff which is caused by the chronic trauma on you lower end. if something is bad, it needs to get looked at for definite rule out's. all my doctors believe that the appendix did in fact go bad because of the 1st surgery, ibd was triggered by pain and anxiety. any similiar stories?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Aha. Rectal Rhinoplastic partners. That is me! February, and again in April of this year. No appendix for the last 22 years though, lost that with the gall bladder. Just 22 years of IBS beating up on those sensative tissues.------------------Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobo,Welcome to the board.....------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi bobo:Welcome to the board, and thanks for the reminder. Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts