Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt like utter s*** all day yesterday. I think it's because I had ate some chocolate chip cookies the night before. What's weird is the fact that I was having no problem using the toilet everday (even though it was a struggle), but now when I go to use it, it seems like it's becoming harder to use now. Does anyone know a remedy or a diet routine that would help me use the toilet better? I read all of these people saying they do not go to the bathroom for weeks on end, and I am not use to that and I can't imagine living like that. Help.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Diet wise check out .. Adding fiber as Heather suggests may be helpful.There are also fiber suppplements that can help.Some people use Magnesium supplements as it tends to loosen the stool. Usually around the RDA of 400 mgs per day.K.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks because I have tried to quit eating alot of the foods that I love and nothing is working. I am seeing if eating alot of fruits and veggies will help me. I am a vegetarian and I am wonderig if cutting myself off from meat is the wrong thing to do for my digestive needs. Salmon is hard to digest for me. I haven't ate beef or pork or chicken for like 3 years now. I think tuna is safe for me. IBS is both physical and a mental defect to me.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually for constipation it is more about adding the foods with fiber you need (which is usually fruits, vegetables and grains) more than removing foods. Most of the time a food is constipating only because you replace higher fiber foods with lower fiber foods and don't get enough.Meat usually doesn't help with constipation as it has no fiber, if your diet is not well balanced you may need more protein and the right vegetables to get some of the nutrients that are common in meat. You can do it soley from vegetables, but some people find it easier to occasionally include fish or meat in the diet.If you are not getting adequate nutrition (no matter which diet you use) I think that can stress the body in a way that is not very helpful.If it is just that the stool is hard and dry right now a glycerine suppository can lubricate things and make it easier to get the stool out.K.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Asiana
,Glycerin Suppository are safe and pretty smooth to release quickly gas and stools down there.Cookies are a nono for me at the moment.I eat instead strawberries and red grapes.I really love them.You may want to squate on the bowl tp properly evacuate.I know it sound weird but click here:http://www.naturesplatform.com/health_bene....html&s=&c=&x=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.