Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm a new member to this group. I have read the posts now and then and decided to get brave and explain my situation in case someone can suggest something to help me. I have been praying for a long time, but still haven't felt good in a long time. Well here goes, I've been in almost constant discomfort for about 4 years now. I have always had trouble with c all my life. But, it didn't really effect my life before the last few years. But in the last few years I have had surgery for endometriosis, and hemerrhoids. I spend literally hours in the bathroom every day. I have both d and c now. If I don't take something I have c and if I take something I spend hours in there. I've tried all kinds of herbs. Either way, I never feel finished. I feel like I still need to go all the time. There is a constant rectal pressure. It's very, very uncomfortable. I drink a lot of Dr. Pepper and can't seem to stop that, but I'm trying. I am trying very hard to keep going one day at a time. I like my job and Church and just keep praying that God will help me somehow to get healthy again so that I can keep going and hope to have a good life with God's blessing. It helps to know I'm not alone in this fight. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello allycat,I`m sorry to hear about your problems. I`m an IBS D but I can be C if I dont drink enough fluid. Lately I`v been taking one calcium tablet a day after a meal, this has completely stopped the diarrhoea. Maybe you could try this?Have you tried changing your diet? eliminating trigger foods and drinks. In my experience Dr Pepper isnt very good, its probably better to stick to water and fruit juice.As far as food is concerned I try to eat a healthy diet consisting of fish, pasta, chicken, wholemeal bread, grapes,vegetables and a high fibre cereal.No fizzy drinks or alcohol just water and fruit juice. When I change my diet, it usually takes about a month for my system to get used to it, you might find this to be the case with you also.Exercise is excellent for the body and the mind.Its not easy, but things will get better, just try to study what you eat.I hope this helps.Courage

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello allycat,I`m sorry to hear about your problems. I`m an IBS D but I can be C if I dont drink enough fluid. Lately I`v been taking one calcium tablet a day after a meal, this has completely stopped the diarrhoea. Maybe you could try this?Have you tried changing your diet? eliminating trigger foods and drinks. In my experience Dr Pepper isnt very good, its probably better to stick to water and fruit juice.As far as food is concerned I try to eat a healthy diet consisting of fish, pasta, chicken, wholemeal bread, grapes,vegetables and a high fibre cereal.No fizzy drinks or alcohol just water and fruit juice. When I change my diet, it usually takes about a month for my system to get used to it, you might find this to be the case with you also.Exercise is excellent for the body and the mind.Its not easy, but things will get better, just try to study what you eat.I hope this helps.Courage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.