Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
To the original poster of this thread - I hope you're feeling better now.

I've suffered from constipation as a child, which turned into IBS-C in my late teens (I am now 31). I've had a strange relationship with food over the last ten years since I'm always scared of what will constipate me. People without IBS don't understand the anxiety that comes with worrying about if you'll have a bowel movement or not.

Anyways, I managed my IBS by focusing my diet towards carbs versus protein and fat and incorporating daily exercise.

The last two years have been the worst for me. Looking back, this is when I started crossfit. I didn't realize the physical and metabolic stress that lifting creates, and I never changed my diet accordingly. My constipation got worse, I kept losing weight, I had low energy, fatigued all the time, brain fog, achy muscles. Exercise seemed to help, and I got caught in a vicious cycle.

While I didn't have an eating disorder, my body went into starvation mode. I wasn't eating enough to keep up with my intense work outs (6x a week). I have significantly bumped up my carbs over the last week, and I already feel so much better. I'm not used to eating this much. But if eating more means I get better, I am happy to do so.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.