Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I made a *BIG* mistake today. In the last 6 months or so, my tummy troubles have gone from severe D to mostly C. Well, I have 2 holiday events to attend this week, and I knew I'd be miserable if I went to them after having been C for days and days. I take Milk of Magnesia maybe once a month for this, but I don't normally take the full recommended dose. I believe it says you can take up to 4 tablespoons, but I only take 2. And so far, that has usually done the trick. Well, the last time I took it, I didn't feel like it worked very well. I just didn't feel like it emptied things out, if ya know what I mean. So THIS time (knowing I had these things to go to in the next few days), I took the whole 4 tablespoons. Now I have had HORRIBLE D all night. I can't sleep at all because everytime I lay down, it hits me again. I feel like I am doing the prep for a colonoscopy, ACK!! When should this D STOP?? I took the medicine at noon today, and here it is after midnight, and I'm still miserable. And it seems to have gotten worse as the night has gone on. I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH HORRIBLE BURNING BEFORE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Okay, maybe with the colonoscopy preps, but no other times
!! I don't have a sitz bath, and I am all out of baby wipes. What can I do to help the burning?? I can't get to the store, because I can't leave home for the D!! (I made the mistake of rushing to the bank at 4:30 this afternoon to make a deposit I'd forgotten about, and nearly didn't make it home...I think I only got here without loosing it (literally!!) because I just prayed all the way home, LOL!!) And my hubby doesn't get off work until 8:30am, so that means 8 more hours of burning misery
. I know I'll be glad this weekend that I took something to get some relief (I was 5 days and counting of C before I took this today...), but for now all I can do is feel miserable. I was actually near tears earlier because the burning is so bad. Any suggestions sure would be appreciated!! If you can't respond tonight, please still respond so I'll know what to do the next time this happens
ACK!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I keep Cottenelle with Aloe and Vitamin E ner the toilet for bad spells, but use the regular but soft TP usually (don't want the public bathroom TP to feel even more rough!). I realized during my scope prep that i need to pat more than wipe when things are being really bad..less irritation.I'm not quite sure what a sitz bath is, but soaking in warm tub can help. Also try applying some hydrocortisone cream to your sore self.I really hope you feel better soon!P.S. there are several people in chat, if you wanna pop in while you're not in the bathroom

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I keep Cottenelle with Aloe and Vitamin E ner the toilet for bad spells, but use the regular but soft TP usually (don't want the public bathroom TP to feel even more rough!). I realized during my scope prep that i need to pat more than wipe when things are being really bad..less irritation.I'm not quite sure what a sitz bath is, but soaking in warm tub can help. Also try applying some hydrocortisone cream to your sore self.I really hope you feel better soon!P.S. there are several people in chat, if you wanna pop in while you're not in the bathroom

·
Registered
40 Posts
VASELINE! I cannot say this enough! When the evening turns bad make sure you apply a LIBERAL amount after every wipe-really works for me and I have loads of pruritus, plus a fissure, plus tags, plus hemmorhoids-so I must have the most sensitive bottom in the world! E. (I know how you feel-that burning has to be the most torturous thing in the entire world-hey? With every push comes pain-so who wants to push?!) Hope you feel better...

·
Registered
40 Posts
VASELINE! I cannot say this enough! When the evening turns bad make sure you apply a LIBERAL amount after every wipe-really works for me and I have loads of pruritus, plus a fissure, plus tags, plus hemmorhoids-so I must have the most sensitive bottom in the world! E. (I know how you feel-that burning has to be the most torturous thing in the entire world-hey? With every push comes pain-so who wants to push?!) Hope you feel better...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts