Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if anybody else is in severe pain today? I woke up this morning and knew I would be in trouble. During the night on one of my routine visits to the bathroom to relieve my bladder I had some hunger pains but chose to ignore it. Now I wish I could turn back the time and do something about it. Too late! I am in severe pain today with cramping, nausea, lower abdominal pain, urinary frequency to boot and back pain
. I don't have diarrhea but have been to the bathroom 3 times already today and it's just lunch time. Urgh... of all days! I am frustrated and angry
because I looked forward to spending a few days at home, putting up Christmas decorations and having a nice dinner with my son tonight. I had 3 fairly good weeks and was starting to enjoy myself. I know I had a little bit of stress during this week and is this the result? I can't live totally isolated and away from any stress
!!? I feel so overwhelmed and helpless never knowing what my IBS is going to do next.
Here I am, sitting in front of my puter with a heating pad and feeling so tired now. I don't want to whine, but I really needed to vent a little. Thanks for listening
You all have a great Thanksgiving holiday and weekend!Angela

·
Registered
646 Posts
Angela,I'm sorry to hear that your IBS is giving you so much discomfort especially as it's Thanksgiving.I know that feeling of being overwhelmed by it all and feeling helpless.I guess all of us here have felt that way sometimes so you just feel free to vent away.Anyway,I hope the pain eases soon for you and you're feeling better very soon so you can enjoy the weekend.Hugs,Bobbie

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Em and Bobbie,I appreciate your comforting words... it meant so much to me. I took a couple of extra strength tums and went laying down on my tummy, my head and torso raised up and supported by my arms. Boy, was I getting rid of air... both ends
. It made me feel so much better. My tummy is still distented, but "Thank God", I am not in as much pain now
. Thanks again,Angela

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.