Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my symptons come and go, doc has got me onclorezapate and fiber sup. helps but lookingfor a natural cure.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Buckey & welcome to the board.This formula has been a gigantic help for "C" relief for myself as others I know with IBS:1) 1 teaspoon Colon Care formula psyllium http://www.yerba.com/ccf.htm 2) 1 tablespoon All One powder Multiple vitamins & minerals w/green phyto base http://www.all-one.com/ 3) 1/3 cup aloe vera (George's aloe vera is the best I've tried so far, no bitter afer taste.)Mix it together in a large glass of water, drink it down quickly & follow it up with another large glass of water. My IBS symptoms have drastically reduced, especially the irregularity associated with the disorder.Daily dose it twice a day on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, then 1 hour before you go to bed. PS. I'm not a sales rep. for any of the said distributors.As far as herbal remedies here's a few teas I drink now & then for relief:Ginger- Cleanses the colon, reduces spasms, & cramps. Red raspberry- Good for combating diarrhea & reduces spasms.Valerian root- Acts like a sedative, reduces stress & also reduces spasms..........These are just a few suggestions that have worked for me, I'm sure other BB members will come along shortly to throw their two cents worth. There's tons of good info here.Hope that helps,JR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi buckey ...Also don't forget that just because something is considered "natural" doesn't necessarily mean it's "safe" - indeed herbal products are not subjected to the same rigorous testing that prescription meds are, and you should always thoroughly research any herbal meds before taking them.Also they can interact with other prescribed meds, and you should always inform your doc of any "natural" meds you may be taking.Julie------------------*** Seeking accurate information in the fight against IBS ***

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.