Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,i have been diagnosed with endo about 5 years ago and had two laparoscopic surgeries since then. my IBS started about 6 years ago. my cousin also has endo and her endometiroma were extended into the intestines. although no such intestinal endometrioma has been found for me, i am wondering if maybe the IBS and endo are related. does anybody else have endo or know about whether it makes IBS worse? how do you cope?thanks,a.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hi there
Welcome to the club...there are lots of us with endo or suspected endo on this board. There are many posts about it in the women's forum....I'd check it out if I were you
Endo can definitely affect your bowels. I'm more familiar with it causing pains and D...but just because I'm not sure if it causes C often, doesn't mean it doesn't! I think some women have also noticed scar tissue from surgeries also causes problems.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I currently am trying to decifer the two. Gyn wants me to get a lupron injection to put me into menopause to determine if my left lower abdomen pain is gyn related or not. Mind you I'm 27 and menopause scares the @&!$ out of me. I'm so confused as to where the pain is coming from. It's constant dull pain all the time, but does cause increased pain when internal exam moves my ovaries and uterus, but also there when I eat or drink ANYTHING! What do you think, sound like endo or IBS or both?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.