Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Sometimes upper GI problems can cause breathing problems mostly because the stomach and esophagus are right up against the diaphram.However you could be having some discomfort from trying to expand the abdomen which typically happens when you breath fully.OTOH there are LOTS of non-GI related reason why you could be having problems breathing some of which are serious and you should run this past your doc to see if it sounds like there are any tests that need to be run.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
33,934 Posts
Sometimes upper GI problems can cause breathing problems mostly because the stomach and esophagus are right up against the diaphram.However you could be having some discomfort from trying to expand the abdomen which typically happens when you breath fully.OTOH there are LOTS of non-GI related reason why you could be having problems breathing some of which are serious and you should run this past your doc to see if it sounds like there are any tests that need to be run.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

G

·
if it feels like the pressure is coming from your abdomen then it can definitely be trapped gas making it hard for you to breath. when it is really bad for me i have trouble breathing and swallowing and feel like i'm going to choke. this all comes from lower GI problems... i.e. the intestines.

G

·
if it feels like the pressure is coming from your abdomen then it can definitely be trapped gas making it hard for you to breath. when it is really bad for me i have trouble breathing and swallowing and feel like i'm going to choke. this all comes from lower GI problems... i.e. the intestines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.