Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a referral from my doctor to go to a pain management clinic.Anyone got any insite into what I can expect when I get there?What I am truly looking for is to garner some new coping skills and get rid of the pain meds permanently. Do they help you do this or just help you with your meds?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some of them do work to find you ways to cope so you can get off of meds.I'm not sure all clinics do, but I always thought that was one of the things most of them do.I would make sure I discuss this with the doctor when you first meet as one of your goals.K.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Im actually going to do the same thing. Im tired of smoking pot all the time to releive pain.However if you are looking to nix the drugs you might want to try something very different.Yoga or meditation classes. They are very cheap and they can teach you things that can help you deal with the pain yourself.I know it sounds weird, but the best way to get off the meds is something like that. Even Holistic medicine can help you.I was stubborn and wouldnt do it. Im not big on the whole "natural" remedy thing. Im very suspect. I still think the Holistic thing is very gypsy like. But it really does "kinda" work. Enough that I would say give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.