Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering and hoping if any of you guys have seen anyone at Duke University or had any treatment or evaluations there.I'm considering going but don't know who to contact or if that would be a good place. There's no help at all in Charlotte and I'm getting pretty desperate and frustrated.
And afraid

·
Registered
135 Posts
You may want to consider UNC-Chapel Hill. It is really close to Duke. They have a big GI research center there. Currently I am in a study comparing cognitive behavioral therapy vs. low dose of desipramine for IBS sufferers. I was randomly picked for the desipramine group, an antidepressant. Have been on it for about a week now with good results. I know they have various other studies going on for IBS sufferers. I found out about them through their website. Am IBS-D.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You may want to consider UNC-Chapel Hill. It is really close to Duke. They have a big GI research center there. Currently I am in a study comparing cognitive behavioral therapy vs. low dose of desipramine for IBS sufferers. I was randomly picked for the desipramine group, an antidepressant. Have been on it for about a week now with good results. I know they have various other studies going on for IBS sufferers. I found out about them through their website. Am IBS-D.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Janellen-I am form Raleigh and IBS D - email me privately if you ever want to get together - I would love to reach out and touch someone live. I see Dr. William heizer at UNC Chapel Hill and he has saved my life.ODAT - like i said Barry O'connor is the Duke man to see for IBS. Long wiat but I heard he is worth it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi Janellen-I am form Raleigh and IBS D - email me privately if you ever want to get together - I would love to reach out and touch someone live. I see Dr. William heizer at UNC Chapel Hill and he has saved my life.ODAT - like i said Barry O'connor is the Duke man to see for IBS. Long wiat but I heard he is worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.