Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My IBS-D has really gotten worse with my pregnancy. I'm wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing right now?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not pregnant right now but had a baby just 6 months ago. My IBS d pretty much went away for my first pregnancy but at the beginning of the second pregnancy the syptoms came back. As it turned out the d was being caused by my prenatal vitamins, in my case an overload of iron. They had me take flintstones complete instead and the syptoms went away again. Could it be that the vitamins are aggravatins the IBS?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not pregnant right now but had a baby just 6 months ago. My IBS d pretty much went away for my first pregnancy but at the beginning of the second pregnancy the syptoms came back. As it turned out the d was being caused by my prenatal vitamins, in my case an overload of iron. They had me take flintstones complete instead and the syptoms went away again. Could it be that the vitamins are aggravatins the IBS?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am IBS D and pregnant - no increase in D - abated some. I am taking a prenatal called premsys that has no iron and I am on Remeron. So I am not a good one to ask for this pregnancy.With the pregnanacy of mmy son 5 years ago - I didn't know I had ibss but I sure as heck knew that my symptoms DISAPPERED entirely. I had ice cream, cremaed soups, etc. Not one problem. I was taking Tums for calcium as I knew I was alctose in tolerant. Since that is claium carbonate - that may have hidden the IBS symptoms and I didn't even know it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I am IBS D and pregnant - no increase in D - abated some. I am taking a prenatal called premsys that has no iron and I am on Remeron. So I am not a good one to ask for this pregnancy.With the pregnanacy of mmy son 5 years ago - I didn't know I had ibss but I sure as heck knew that my symptoms DISAPPERED entirely. I had ice cream, cremaed soups, etc. Not one problem. I was taking Tums for calcium as I knew I was alctose in tolerant. Since that is claium carbonate - that may have hidden the IBS symptoms and I didn't even know it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.