Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, got a question to ask to find out if anyone has had this problem.I have ibs d and usually never get C, my ibs D flarred up one night last week when i was just about to go out so i took immodium like i usually do. i took more than i usually do so i knew it would stop for me to go out, anyway this caused me to be constipated and had difficulty in having a BM for a few days after that, i eventually managed to go but think i gave my self a touch of piles/hemarroids due to straining to hard. i know people say don't strain but had such a stomach ache i knew wouldn't go until i had a BM. in future i know i will just have to try not to strain to hard or take less immodium. wondered if anyone else has had this problem and could share their storry for a bit of advice,

· Registered
486 Posts
I occasionally get c if I've taken too many anti-d meds, or if I don't eat for a while, or don't drink enough water after having d.I don't feel safe going out until I've had a BM, so if I can't go I use a glycerine suppository. Because it works locally it clears out hard stool without after-effects. I used to b able to take a laxative, but now even milk-of-magnesia gives me agonizing cramps and d that goes on for days.

· Registered
141 Posts
I get like that to "C" after having used to much "D" medication, but haven't found a sure way to deal with it. I've been thinking about using a colon cleanse product the next time it happens. Has anyone tried one of the Over the counter products? Does it work? I've also wondered when you take them, how long does it make you go to the bathroom. Is it an all day thing? Does it act like the cleaning stuff you take before you get a colonoscopy or is it like taking a stool softener?

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Bubbles, I lived through that cycle for 19 years and have the internal hemmroids and diverticuli to prove it,lol. Have you tried taking a fiber supplememnt? It takes a few days to get used to it and not feel the urgency to have a BM but once your body gets adjusted it'll help keep you regular and stop the straining.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.