Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for the past few days, I have been going to the bathroom alot with diarrhea, it seems no matter what I eat my stomach does not like it. I could eat Jello and I go. My stomach often cramps up real bad and feels semi hard and then off to the bathroom I go. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It isn't the food.It is that you ate. It won't matter what you eat.In EVERY SINGLE PERSON the stomach signals the rest of the GI tract that it ate using the vast array of nerves called the Enteric Nervous System.In EVERYONE this signal causes the colon to become more active.In IBSers it can become over active.Small doses of Imodium or an antispasmodic taken 20-30 minutes before you eat can blunt this eat-flush the colon response.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It isn't the food.It is that you ate. It won't matter what you eat.In EVERY SINGLE PERSON the stomach signals the rest of the GI tract that it ate using the vast array of nerves called the Enteric Nervous System.In EVERYONE this signal causes the colon to become more active.In IBSers it can become over active.Small doses of Imodium or an antispasmodic taken 20-30 minutes before you eat can blunt this eat-flush the colon response.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.