Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an bunch of stuff wrong with me, but my biggest problem is the chronic gastritis. Is there any medication I can take to help with it? Any special diet? I need some suggestion so I can ask my doctor to put me on something. I need so info if he doesn't know what to put me on.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was just diagnosed with severe gastritis, I was first on Prevacid, now I take Aciphex when needed. Did you doctor diagnose you? If so then he/she should have given you something. HPylori is detected through a simple blood test, that should be ruled out first. Have you had any testing? Mine was diagnosed through the upper scope. Watching your diet helps too, and don't eat late at night, watch your lactose intake too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was just diagnosed with severe gastritis, I was first on Prevacid, now I take Aciphex when needed. Did you doctor diagnose you? If so then he/she should have given you something. HPylori is detected through a simple blood test, that should be ruled out first. Have you had any testing? Mine was diagnosed through the upper scope. Watching your diet helps too, and don't eat late at night, watch your lactose intake too.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
HiLast year I had terrible gastritis...After they put the light down my throat (endoscope)and the report came back that I had it and I also saw the pictures and it was alotof wierd looking stuff on the colored film he showed me...He also told me thatit looks like the H pylori but when we did the test for it the H.Pylori came backnegative and he was puzzled about what in the world is going on....needless to sayI had it for months and it was horrible pain...I took previcid along with other pillsand it made it just alittle better...What worked for me and I dont know how food playeda big part in it...after I decided to work with LEAP on getting the foods , chemicals outof my system that my body had become intolerant to I started getting alot better.Within a month it was completly gone and untill this day it's never been back..Mike, if you are out there maybe you can share with us about the effect thefood played in my gastritis....I wish I could explain things better about how much better I am today by getting rid of the things (food) that made me so sick
I am not saying food plays a part in everyone's gastritis but it playeda huge part in mine.....Hope you are feeling better real soon....
Donna

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
HiLast year I had terrible gastritis...After they put the light down my throat (endoscope)and the report came back that I had it and I also saw the pictures and it was alotof wierd looking stuff on the colored film he showed me...He also told me thatit looks like the H pylori but when we did the test for it the H.Pylori came backnegative and he was puzzled about what in the world is going on....needless to sayI had it for months and it was horrible pain...I took previcid along with other pillsand it made it just alittle better...What worked for me and I dont know how food playeda big part in it...after I decided to work with LEAP on getting the foods , chemicals outof my system that my body had become intolerant to I started getting alot better.Within a month it was completly gone and untill this day it's never been back..Mike, if you are out there maybe you can share with us about the effect thefood played in my gastritis....I wish I could explain things better about how much better I am today by getting rid of the things (food) that made me so sick
I am not saying food plays a part in everyone's gastritis but it playeda huge part in mine.....Hope you are feeling better real soon....
Donna

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
1. Get a H. pylori test. If that bacteria is causing the problems then treating that with a course of antibiotics can resolve things2. For drugs generally you are looking at H2 blockers (prescription forms of Zantac, Tagamet, Pepcid http://www.fpnotebook.com/GI148.htm if the OTC version doesn't do it for you) or Proton Pump Inhibitors (Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, and others http://www.fpnotebook.com/GI150.htm). I take Nexium.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
1. Get a H. pylori test. If that bacteria is causing the problems then treating that with a course of antibiotics can resolve things2. For drugs generally you are looking at H2 blockers (prescription forms of Zantac, Tagamet, Pepcid http://www.fpnotebook.com/GI148.htm if the OTC version doesn't do it for you) or Proton Pump Inhibitors (Nexium, Prilosec, Prevacid, and others http://www.fpnotebook.com/GI150.htm). I take Nexium.K.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.