Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my IBS pain is on the left side, sometimes I get the feeling as if something is stuck inside me. It is not all the time but depends on what movement I make or whatever. It just feels like something is stuck there on my left side, it somtimes can me just under my ribs or all the way near my belly botton. That is what gives me the fear that a tumor/obstruction maybe there....Also I useally go to the bathroom most mornings after my coffee just fine, some mornings though not till a hr or so later. When I do not go right away there feels like a build up in my stomach like it builds and builds and then finally I go...Just curious if anyone else here has these feelings.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I used to get cramping on the left side below the ribs, which is where the colon makes a turn and also a knife-like pain right behind the belly button. These and your pains are likely traced to that extra sensitivity attributable to IBS. Both of those problems disappeared with the waning of my symptoms.Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
People usually do not feel tumors until they either make a lump or start really making it hard for organs to function.If you are under 50 it is extremely unlikely you have colon cancer. It is very likely you have IBS."something stuck" is a very common way to describe IBS pain or discomfort.The colon is most active in the morning and it acting like it is trying to get you to go before you need to go is pretty common. We tend to be able to tell when the colon is active when most other people do not. In IBS it is like someone turned up the volume knob so we hear all the noise in addition to the signals. (if you understand signal to noise stuff). Basically we get a lot of info that should have been filtered out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get this feeling frequently. It can be quite scary but I'm pretty sure its just the colon spasming. I get them on the left, just above the belly button, and sometimes the right side. In the beginning I thought the same thing, that i had an obstruction. My doc and others have told me this is common.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you again guys, it is nice to know that others out there have these problems. I felt scared for a long time but talking to other people here makes me feel a bit better. Also knowing others feel the same is a comfort too, I have had this since around May, so I think if it was a tumor/colon cancer I would be a lot more sick by now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Jerry,Funny enough I have had my problems since about May time with regards to the pain etc, and I also have similar pain as you described in your 1st post the other day.....I do get what you are describing now, in the morning when I get ready for work and walk in after parking up I can feel a preasure type feeling on my left building up, and sometimes just a dull annoying ache. Sometimes during the day I also have that feeling of something stuck I guess, pain/preasure sort of feeling! Odd I know...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm becoming a bit of a stuck record with this one, but I am really trying to urge everyone to drink more water - not tea, coffee, juice, squash, coke or alcohol - all of which are dehydrating in their own right.Without enough water the body can't digest properly and the food can't get through the gut properly. Also if one is dehydrated at cellular level (not immediate dehydration that shows up in the colour of the urine, but long-term gradual and insidious underlying dehydration), then the body will pull water from the colon for its needs and that will cause stuff to get impacted in the colon.We are 78% water. Drop to 77.99% and things start to go wrong.............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts