Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago, my GI doctor diagnosed me with IBS. Obviously, I have the pain and cramping that ends when I have a BM, but a good majority of the time, I have to vomit as well. If things aren't moving out of my system fast enough, then I almost always vomit. My GI doctor said he'd never heard of anyone doing that, so I thought I'd see if anyone else was experiencing the same? Thanks for any input!Andrea

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have done that! Memorial Day I thought I should just see if milk really is a problem for me. I had half a glass. Like two hours later I had to go to the bathroom (I was very crampy) and couldn't. So then I felt nauseous. I puked, then immediately after- I had to stop myself in the middle of the puke episode- I had to go to the bathroom. My whole day was killed- I was basically incapacitated. Earlier in the year I had a couple of episodes like this, but since I cut dairy out, I haven't had that problem. Keep me updated- I'm in the middle of figuring this all out (see my GERD and IBS post).

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have done that! Memorial Day I thought I should just see if milk really is a problem for me. I had half a glass. Like two hours later I had to go to the bathroom (I was very crampy) and couldn't. So then I felt nauseous. I puked, then immediately after- I had to stop myself in the middle of the puke episode- I had to go to the bathroom. My whole day was killed- I was basically incapacitated. Earlier in the year I had a couple of episodes like this, but since I cut dairy out, I haven't had that problem. Keep me updated- I'm in the middle of figuring this all out (see my GERD and IBS post).

·
Registered
439 Posts
Andrea do you get nauseated when you vomit or is it from a pressure feeling?I vomited frequently over the last 2 1/2 years, and by November of 2003 was completly obstructed in the small bowel. Vomiting is not a common IBS symptom.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Andrea do you get nauseated when you vomit or is it from a pressure feeling?I vomited frequently over the last 2 1/2 years, and by November of 2003 was completly obstructed in the small bowel. Vomiting is not a common IBS symptom.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I have a bad attack I do get nauseous but it rarely leads to vomiting . When my IBS was at it's worst I was vomiting nearly every morning but this may have been stress as it seemed to happen only on work days . I believe nausea is now included as a symptom of IBS and there have been several posts on this board regarding it as a problem .

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I have a bad attack I do get nauseous but it rarely leads to vomiting . When my IBS was at it's worst I was vomiting nearly every morning but this may have been stress as it seemed to happen only on work days . I believe nausea is now included as a symptom of IBS and there have been several posts on this board regarding it as a problem .

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had IBS-D for four decades (four MISERABLE decades!), and until recently didn't vomit along with it. I would frequently have very bad nausea but I didn't vomit. (I have this thing about vomitting...I'll do whatever I can to stop it.) Recently, along with the nausea, cramping, cold sweats, shaking, and overall feeling really, really sick, I've been unable to prevent vomitting, too. Because this wasn't happening the last time I saw a GI doc, I've never discussed it with one. But you'd better believe I will when I see my new GI doc on Tuesday! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had IBS-D for four decades (four MISERABLE decades!), and until recently didn't vomit along with it. I would frequently have very bad nausea but I didn't vomit. (I have this thing about vomitting...I'll do whatever I can to stop it.) Recently, along with the nausea, cramping, cold sweats, shaking, and overall feeling really, really sick, I've been unable to prevent vomitting, too. Because this wasn't happening the last time I saw a GI doc, I've never discussed it with one. But you'd better believe I will when I see my new GI doc on Tuesday! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, nausea is one of my main syptoms, always after eating, and oftem because i need to eat. I feel sick everyday but i have only vomited once or twice because of it. Like LinuxRules i will do what ever i can to stop vomiting, even if i feel like i could be sick, i dont, but probably could if i tried. Its not supposed to be syptom that comes with IBS, just nausea, but maybe some people just need to get it out rather than keep it in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.