Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
totally agree and nine times out of ten couldnt care less doctors seem to think we imagine half the symptoms.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Some doctors seem to use it that way.Researchers seem to have a fairly good handle on what is going on with IBSers, but I don't know how much of that information (like there is now a blood test that can rule IBS in rather than just medical tests for other illnesses) is getting to the doctors or if they use it or talk to patients in ways that makes them feel like the doctor has a clue.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Dont know if this is the right place to ask this question,but anyone out there know of any good ibs doctors in the UK?I live in Scotland in a place called Glasgow.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes I agree
And not only that, I find that they use the label once you have it, to make up excuses to figure out a way to make my life more manageable with this condtion....

·
Registered
143 Posts
My GPs are so uninformed. I inform them.
There is a lot of good research being done. Every year there seems to be a bit more of the puzzle put together. I'm hopeful.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Most gastroenterologists couldn't care less! They have very little insight into IBS or for that matter issues with the gallbladder. IBS is a label they use when they can't be bothered to get to the bottom of your symptoms.There is a cause and a cure for IBS.....they just can't be arsed finding it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was told by a doctor that gastroenterologists are interested in more serious diseases of the gut and bowel,well my ibs is serious enough,it has taken over and ruined my life!Still they are not interested!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts