Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over a year ago I had my first colonscopy. They removed two pedunculated polyps via the cautery snare method, no problems and the whole affair was much ado about very little. My gastro doc told me that in addition to the two polyps she removed , there was also a moderate sized sessile (flat) polyp that she could not get out with the cautery snare. She suggested a referral to a colorectal surgeon and a follow up scope in a year. Well, for one reason or another none of that has been done. I am about to go have a follow up scope to see what, if anything, is going on with that adematous sessile polyp, with the hopes that it has either disappeared or at least has not changed any. The method of removal for such a polyp is usually endoscopic surgery into the abdomen after the colon is "tatooed" with india ink to mark the spot for the surgeon. I am not too keen on having my colon severed, a portion of it removed, and then rejoined. Just wondered if anyone on the board has had this procedure done and if so, what was it like? Surely, its not that unusual.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You mean that every single person here that has ever had a colonoscopy either 1) had no polyps or 2) had peduncular polyps removed by cautery snare?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean that every single person here that has ever had a colonoscopy either 1) had no polyps or 2) had peduncular polyps removed by cautery snare?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.