Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A family friend who is also a physician gave me a couple of bottles of this stuff & said that it should help my IBS, & that lots of people are benefitting from it. I ran a search here on BioChoice, & nothing came up.It is (in part) an immunomodulator, but it claims to fight cancer (one of my concerns about immunomodulators is their effect on cancer cells).There are some positives & negatives that I can see - but I'd like to hear from others. First the positives:In their product literature they provide a quote from the PDR for nonprescription drugs & dietary supplements. If the quote is correct (we're trying to track down that PDR to find out) it provides a number of good "documented structure and function claims" which certainly sounds good (too long to reproduce here). If anyone has the PDR, it's the 22nd edition, 2001, pages 508, 818-819.There's an research article about using this stuff (immune egg) to control D in mice at www.hyperimmune.org - go to that page, click on "Clinical Studies", then pick the 4th article down.The doc gave me this stuff - so I would expect that he expects it to work so I'll come back & buy more (he sells it as a sideline).Now for the negative:It's sold by "network marketing". (send up the red flags!!!!). I shy away from anything that has to do with MLMs or network marketing (is there a difference?), but I guess the sales method doesn't necessarily imply the validity of the product.Any thoughts out there? I have a couple of bottles, so unless someone indicates that this stuff is going to kill me, I'll probably try it & see what it does.for more info, see www.hyperimmune.org. A google search on BioChoice turns up a pile of websites of people selling the stuff - there is also quite a bit on it at worldwidescam.com, but in all the negative stuff from wwwscam, they don't show any evidence that it doesn't work.Any thoughts, ideas, experience, etc.????

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Yes, I took Immune-26 for 6 weeks to try and balance my immune system (I have a low white blood count and high sed rate) but my low white blood count went down further during the period and I was most disappointed.I spoke to the inventor, and she said I should try taking more than the 1 scoop recommended and take 3, I think she said. I started again (this was a few weeks after I had finished the first lot) as I did last time, with 1/4 scoop, then a 1/2 scoop (slowly) then I realized what I had forgotten, it was already doing what it did last time and 3 scoops would be even worse.It made me very constipated and I get diarrhea v. easily usually. So it may be good for that!!!However, I am not so sure it is good for all the many things they claim.I have since found out I have Crohn's, mild, not typical, so I didn't continue. Had I done so, maybe I might have balanced my immune system, but couldn't take being that constipated!!! I think you can find them if you Google them.I dealt with a Dr. Kool in Miami - very nice andvery honest, I think. He's not a real doctor.Customer Service (Toll Free) 1-888-337-5665 Customer Service (Local) 1-305-223-5710 My husband took BioChoice, which has loads of vits and the Immune-26, together, it tasted good, vanilla is the best, but I was scared to take too much. Immune-26 is based on some very advanced eggstechnology, so if you can eat eggs, you'll befine. I was.Here's their description for physicians, most ofwhom will be like mine, think of it as snake oil!: "PDR for Nonprescription Drugs and Dietary SupplementsTM22nd Edition Description: BioChoice� is a powdered, pure egg product derived from hens hyperimmunized with more than 26 killed enteric pathogens of human origin. (Organisms such as: Shigella, Staphylococcus, Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Pseudomonas, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Haemophilis, and Streptococcus are included in the inoculum.)Clinical Background: Upon oral administration, BioChoice's specificimmunoglobulins and immunomodulatory factors are passively transferred. BioChoice� has the following documented structure function claims:Balances and supports the immune system. Helps increase energy levels.Helps maintain digestive tract health. Helps the body modulate autoimmune responses. Helps maintain flexible and healthy joints �Helps maintain cardiovascular function, a healthy circulatory system and healthy levels of cholesterol. How Supplied: BioChoice� is available as BioChoice� Immune26("hyperimmune" egg), in powder and capsule form and as BioChoice� Immune Support when enriched with minerals, and 100% of the daily value of more than 13 essential vitamins. Precautions: Those with known allergies to eggs shouldconsult with a health practitionerbefore consuming this product. Note: BioChoice� is not intended todiagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease." O

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I took the plunge this morning - 3 capsules, 3X per day (with each meal).We'll see what happens!!
quote: My husband took BioChoice, which has loads of vits and the Immune-26, together, it tasted good, vanilla is the best, but I was scared to take too much.
That sounds pretty 'past tense'. You explained why you stopped taking it - did your husband stop & if so why?Thanks,LTL

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I took the powder, better than capsules, I thought. Just of the Immune-26.Interesting your doctor recommended it. We ordered a lot. More came than we ordered! My husband has all kinds of back and knee problems and he's not sure if it helped him, so he stopped.It might have, but he didn't think so or he'd have gone on taking it. He has no stomach probs!Are you taking the Immune-26 and BioChoice?I spoke to the actual inventor, a scientist not adoctor, and she recommended for me just the Immune-26 and she also said I should stay away from my enzymes until later in the day if I took the Immune-26 in the morning, and for the 6 weeks,she didn't want me taking other minerals or anything much. Another reason I stopped, becauseI need my calcium for my bones as well as mystomach. Interesting, during that period I stopped taking the calcium, my fingernails startedshredding, broke all off, and now I am on thecalcium again, my nails are strong again!However, as I said, the Immune-26 on its own made my very constipated. Very.Interested to know what happens to you.O

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm taking the capsules - they're labeled "BioChoice Immune26" - I had thought that "biochoice" was the company & "immune26" was the product.The person who reccommended it isn't really my doctor - he is a family friend who happens to be a physician. If it works I'll probably switch to the powder. You don't have to take it 3X/day - only 1 or 2X.I'll keep you posted as to what happens!!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If the capsules make you ill, which I hope they will not, then you may want to consider just theImmune-26. Bio-Choice (Immune-26 and lots of vits and minerals) may or may not be too much for you.Careful, if you are taking any other vits, you should check out you are not taking too much of anything. I don't think, as far as I remember, they list everything in the Bio-Choice, but you can check with whomever you bought it from. I know I checked everything out thoroughly at the time, forgotten now. Dr. Kool would know. He owns an allergy store in a doctors' buildingand, as mentioned above, was most helpful to mewith all the details. I didn't know him at all,and he was so helpful, I ended up buying the stufffrom him. He even told me not to buy too muchto start!O

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I tried it for a week & here's the results.First, they claim that there is no "loading period", like with Ibsacol, so a week should be sufficent. During the week, it did absolutely nothing for my IBS.However, I did experience heart palpitations a couple of days ago, and the middle of last night I woke up with my heart racing. This is not something that I normally experience.Someone on the internet was ranting about how it nearly killed them because of their heart problems & that it produced anxiety-like symptoms. This was one person ranting, so I ignored it. (It's my understanding that there are a significant number of people taking this & I can only find one rant against it - & that person had certain health problems).On the good side, just before I started taking it I was having a respiratory problem which, when I get it, usually lasts a month or so. This time it was gone in two days.So my evaluation is that it is worthless for IBS (for me - it helped OppOnn), it might cause abnormal heartbeat, and it might be good for my respiratory problems. I'm saving the remainder & I'll try it again next time the respiratory problems surface, keeping close attention to my heart rate.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Ah, but I never took the BioChoice, I only tookthe Immune-26, that is without the heavy loadof vits or minerals or supplements.I only took the Immune-26 at the suggestion ofthe inventor, a scientist, but we did speakafter emailing, person to person and I told hermy problems and it was then she suggested onlythe Immune-26. Which, as mentioned above, mademy, a D-type, constipated; so constipated, in fact, that I developed the hugest hemmoroidwhich scared me, but went away, and hasn't cameback, yet!Perhaps anyone considering take this would bebetter to just take the Immune-26 - not all thethings you took in the Bio-Choice.Might work well with some with more D than Ihad at the time, when I was not experiencingD at all.O

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I have also remembered that the inventor asked me to give Immune-27 a try for 6 weeks. And not take any other vits or anything during that time.Did you take any other vits or supplements at the same time?She also asked me to take my digestive enzymes later in the day, which I did do. At which time, I realized, I didn't need them for a light lunch,and still don't! O

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a bit lost here. The bottle said "BioChoice Immune26" I thought the company was named "BioChoice" and the supplement was "Immune26"?I didn't think what I took had vitamins & minerals - it doesn't say anything about them being in there. I took the capsules - I thought that the vits & mins were in the powder?No, I wasn't taking any other supplements.BTW, thanks for your input.
I'm a bit concerned about the potential for heart effects.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I don't know anything about the capsules.Maybe they were straight Immune-26. Here's what I found from my old research:"How Supplied: BioChoice� is available as BioChoice� Immune26in powder and capsule form and as BioChoice� Immune Support when enriched with minerals, and 100% of the daily value of more than 13 essential vitamins."Dr Kool was v. helpful to me and he is a phonecall away, around 11 am Florida time is good,I think.Customer Service (Toll Free) 1-888-337-5665Or the people who manufacture and invented it are: LEGACY FOR LIFE DOCTOR, 1 888 557 8477.The actual inventor is a Dr. Greenblatt.You'll have to do a number to reach her.I did. And she did call me back eventually.I think we emailed first. I never take anything without extreme caution,which is why I went to so much trouble beforeI took anything.She also told me to start slow - just 1/4 scoopa day for 4 days, which I did, then worked upto 1/2 for 2 weeks, then did a full scoop.I also think powder is easier for people likeus. Maybe you it was too much for you all atonce?O

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know - maybe it was too much at once. I agree that the powder would probably be easier - those capsules are big!!Anyway, I'll wait until I have some respiratory problems this winter & try it again. If I don't have any heart irregularities between now & then, & they start up when I take it, I'll avoid it like the plague. Otherwise, I'll give it a longer chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.