Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
It gives me the weirdest sensation when I take it, not only do I get tired but also sort of like a "high" feeling. I'm going way back in my teens when I tried marijuana a few times, kinda like that. Has anyone else felt weird like this on Bentyl?

·
Registered
220 Posts
It gives me the weirdest sensation when I take it, not only do I get tired but also sort of like a "high" feeling. I'm going way back in my teens when I tried marijuana a few times, kinda like that. Has anyone else felt weird like this on Bentyl?

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is an anti-spasmodic. My husband took it a couple of years ago for D. He had every single side effect listed and decided he would never take it again. It did slow him down a bit, though.When he has episodes (infrequent, fortunately) Immodium, calcium supplemnts, etc,. don't work. The only thing that seems to help him is drinking a lot of milk.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is an anti-spasmodic. My husband took it a couple of years ago for D. He had every single side effect listed and decided he would never take it again. It did slow him down a bit, though.When he has episodes (infrequent, fortunately) Immodium, calcium supplemnts, etc,. don't work. The only thing that seems to help him is drinking a lot of milk.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I must be the odd one out here! I've taken Bentyl for almost a year and it's been the only medication that's helped with the spasms. Haven't noticed any really bad side effects either, maybe a bit of a dry mouth but nothing else. It's an antispasmodic and anticholinergic which helps to relax the muscles of the intestine. Nothing else I've tried has worked as well, just shows how we are all different

·
Registered
984 Posts
I must be the odd one out here! I've taken Bentyl for almost a year and it's been the only medication that's helped with the spasms. Haven't noticed any really bad side effects either, maybe a bit of a dry mouth but nothing else. It's an antispasmodic and anticholinergic which helps to relax the muscles of the intestine. Nothing else I've tried has worked as well, just shows how we are all different

·
Registered
247 Posts
My doctor perscribed Bentyl. Last time I got the really bad spasms, it worked. I ended up doubling the dose from 10mg to 20 because 10 didn't work. I am so happy I found something that works for the spasms. The pain, I'm sure most of you know, can be unbearable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My doctor perscribed Bentyl. Last time I got the really bad spasms, it worked. I ended up doubling the dose from 10mg to 20 because 10 didn't work. I am so happy I found something that works for the spasms. The pain, I'm sure most of you know, can be unbearable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.