Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard of or used robinul for there ibs. I was just prescribed this and I wanted to hear what others had to say.......I just got back from my colonoscopy and was told that everything looked fine except there were signs of spasms. Im currently waiting the biopsy results. Thanx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been using Robinol Forte since January with good results. If I'd never had Lotronex to compare it to, I would say with great results. Anyway, it really "firmed" things up and I've really had very few bad days (compared to life before Lotronex). The downside to Robinol for me is having to take it 4 times a day which means I have to carry it with me everywhere I go. I have it in the car, my purse, etc. But at least I feel free to go places. If I know I'll be in a possible stressful situation, or if I'm the least bit unsure, I take an Imodium before I leave home just to be on the safe side.I also started calcium 3 times a day last week. So far so good. When I get brave enough, I'm going to skip some Robinol and try just the calcium.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using Robinol Forte since January with good results. If I'd never had Lotronex to compare it to, I would say with great results. Anyway, it really "firmed" things up and I've really had very few bad days (compared to life before Lotronex). The downside to Robinol for me is having to take it 4 times a day which means I have to carry it with me everywhere I go. I have it in the car, my purse, etc. But at least I feel free to go places. If I know I'll be in a possible stressful situation, or if I'm the least bit unsure, I take an Imodium before I leave home just to be on the safe side.I also started calcium 3 times a day last week. So far so good. When I get brave enough, I'm going to skip some Robinol and try just the calcium.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kacy, I was beginning to think no one had heard of it......I am mainly d but I have bouts of C........I tried lotronex and one dose firmed things up a little to much and I ended up with real real bad ©..........I also suffer from gas and bloating and stomach gurgling......Have you suffered any side effects from it?Thank you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kacy, I was beginning to think no one had heard of it......I am mainly d but I have bouts of C........I tried lotronex and one dose firmed things up a little to much and I ended up with real real bad ©..........I also suffer from gas and bloating and stomach gurgling......Have you suffered any side effects from it?Thank you

·
Registered
663 Posts
Doctor gave it to me but bad reaction. Didn't like it at all. Headache, just felt terrible, fast hearbeat. Stopped after one dose.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Doctor gave it to me but bad reaction. Didn't like it at all. Headache, just felt terrible, fast hearbeat. Stopped after one dose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't had any side effects that I've noticed. Of course, since I've been having all manner of stomach problems for 24 years, one could pass by without my noticing, I guess. haI sent a message to the lotronex group about Robinol, but didn't get a response that anyone else had used it, just several inquiries asking what it was. Am still taking the Robinol (I'm on Robinol Forte, by the way) and calcium, and still with good results. I sometimes have the urgency feeling which still makes me nervous, but I've told myself that even IF I don't make it on time and have an accident, it won't be as bad as before.The things we talk about!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't had any side effects that I've noticed. Of course, since I've been having all manner of stomach problems for 24 years, one could pass by without my noticing, I guess. haI sent a message to the lotronex group about Robinol, but didn't get a response that anyone else had used it, just several inquiries asking what it was. Am still taking the Robinol (I'm on Robinol Forte, by the way) and calcium, and still with good results. I sometimes have the urgency feeling which still makes me nervous, but I've told myself that even IF I don't make it on time and have an accident, it won't be as bad as before.The things we talk about!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've used it. It works great for me. I'm a D but when I have an attack, I'm a C! I took it 2x a day with no results, but then I upped it to 3x a day and it worked fantastic! It ended my attack. After you get everything under control, I think 2x a day is the most you should take long term.TH

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've used it. It works great for me. I'm a D but when I have an attack, I'm a C! I took it 2x a day with no results, but then I upped it to 3x a day and it worked fantastic! It ended my attack. After you get everything under control, I think 2x a day is the most you should take long term.TH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.