Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning was absolutely terrible. Excruciating pain. I feel for those of you who have had IBS for a good portion of your lives. I am a world traveler and it was my last trip to Peru that did me in. A vicious D and C cycle for the nine months that I was down there. When I returned home I got tested for the list of horrible parasites and diseases that I could have picked up, all negative. After coming home the routiness of my D and C changed a bit and it became less severe. Then this morning's terrible episode hit and I realized I most likely have IBS. So, missing work, I glanced at this site and found a lot of people struggling with similar symptoms. Do a majority of people lose IBS over time? Info I have read say it can last 1-2 years but so many people have it for quite a bit longer than that. Also, is it normal to get the pain really low, at about the waistline? It seems like there is one point in my intestine that the pain begins and the trouble starts. Thanks for reading this and I appreciate the support this site offers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, I realize that there is plenty of information on the site about success stories. I was hoping to hear from somebody with a similar experience to mine (travel induced) who may have had some success dealing with it. Pardon the newbie.

·
Registered
33 Posts
hello
i got my ibs from bad pizza
ive read up that this kind of ibs can go away in 2 to 5 years im going to my doctor soon and asking if this is truei have ibs-C hope u feeling better soonemail me and keep in touch if u liketori

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Wongus, it is normal to get the pain below the waistline as that is afterall where our bowels are.
Have you tried probiotics? It could just be that the balance of good & bad bacteria in your gut is upset after travelling. If you do try probiotics, buy the kind that need refrigerating. Has your doctor mentioned IBS as a possible diagnosis?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.