Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yes, it happens and it can go from D to C too. And then there are the extra lucky (
) folks who alternate between the two all the time.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
IBS D=diarrheaIBS C=constipationIBS A=alternatingPredominance of symptoms. BQ

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the reply, BQ. I was informed three years ago that I had IBS. The quack Dr. told me in so many words said that it was a condition that I would have to live with. He didn't give me any medication, special diet,nothing. Oh,' I take that back, he did give something, the bill for the colonscopy he preformed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Some times I am up to the wee hours of the mornin because I can't sleep due of the pain in my lower left intestine. Is it normal to have constant pain with ibs? I have a constant pain in my left side, Some days or are worse than others. I eat very little as I feel bloated when I eat. I usually eat one small meal a day ( well really it's not enough to be considered a meal) and that is late in the afternoon. I drink a lot of water and only drink decaf pop when I have bouts of heartburn, it seems to help. As far as my bms, I usually have a movement every four or five days and then it's hell to pay! I'm on the throne for fifteen min to half an hour. Then I get to take curl up on the couch for a few min. till the next bout hits me. After four or five trips to the bathroom I am left with an empty gut and suffering with severe cramps. Then the cycle starts over again in another four or five days. Is this a common thing for ibs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.