Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda confused. My IBS has been handled very well since January. Zelnorm helped for 3 months then after that, diet change and exercise kept me feeling good. Over the last 3 weeks nothing in my diet and exercise has changed but my C is coming back and gradually getting worse weekley. Thankfully my gas hasn't become bad yet. I'm starting to feel more bloated and my intercystitial cystitis is acting up.Has this happened to anyone before. I'm just not sure what to do. Has anyone In Saskatchewan found a drug like fibercon that might help me out. Any responses would be great. Thanks for listening

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think I've felt more stressed but maybe i'm just ignoring it. If I think about it, each week i'm starting to get more stressed because I don't understand whats going on to my body. I'm sure thats not helping. The thing is if i'm more stressed I really don't know why. It's hard to fix something when you don't know what to fix. I'm thinking about starting a yoga class maybe i should sign up and see if it helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think it is very possible to have relapses. I too am having the same problem right now. I have been on zelnorm for about 4 months and everything was wonderful. Now all of a sudden the zelnorm is not working as good. I have not changed anything in my life or in my diet,but the bloating and feeling that I am not completly done after I go is coming back. It is really upsetting for me. This also happened when I was abusing laxtives, they would work well for a while and then the bloating and constipation would return. I think this is just part of having IBS as with any condition you have relapses and sometimes it even goes into remission for a while but we just keep going, what else can we do? My doctor wants me to go off the zelnorm for about 2 weeks and see what happens and if my symptoms return then she will give me another 3 months of the zelnorm. Maybe going off for a while will be good for me I just don't know. Best of luck to you, Karen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts