Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something that I'm being tested for on the 3rd Jan. I had a goz at a website about this and the symptoms could be me - I know thats a dangerous thing to do really, but I'm going to see my GP on Monday to see if he'll run a blood test for this. I had put my insomnia down to general anxiety but I've got weight loss, masses of pent up energy/anxiety, very hot and sweaty (having to change shirts at least twice a day). Does anyone know about testing for this, and can anyone relate?Sue

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
K9Mom from here has had that and over on Mediboard (that Jeff runs) there is a Graves (overactive thyroid) forum that she moderates.http://www.mediboard.com/ is the link to all the boards, the are moving some of them from the old software to the new software we use here, so I'll link you through the main page, in case some of the URL's change with the move.K.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Hi Sue,My previously diagnosed IBS-D was in fact not IBS but diarrhea due to an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism). I suffered for many, many years before getting a correct diagnosis of Graves disease (which is the most common cause of hyperthyroidism).Screening for thyroid disease is usually just a blood test....the TSH test. You should know that thyroid levels can change over time and symptoms, generally speaking, show up before your blood work will show a problem.If you do turn out to have hyperthyroidism, as Kathleen said, we have a great support board over at Mediboard that can help direct you to the best educational material and help you along your way through treatment. Fingers crossed for you, let us know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.