Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im the first to admit that my symtoms have no sense of routine etc?? but have had D for over a year has become progressively manageable since Ive altered my diet, paid more attention to exercise, nutrition, stress etc but still have D attackes about every week just last much shorter and Im not stressed about them except for the past 2 weeks things have changed have been having almost normal BM's every day still have a bit of bloating, wind etc and actually strain a bit with the BM's because they seem huge and to top it all off I have been eating the worse Ive ever eaten these past weeks, chocolates and chips and muffins every day and even had a CHEESE pizza my first in over a year followed this with a bit of smelly wind but no D???? Im very confused how can it change so quickly? I dont think Im 'cured' by a long shot but this is so weird absolutely nothings changed recently that could have cause such a dramatic change in symtoms - any thoughts Im just so confused?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS typically waxes and wanes so it isn't uncommon to go through either a "good" spell or a "bad" spell.Also IBS DOES have a remission rate. Generally if that is going to happen it seems to happen more frequently early on (first couple of yearss) and most commonly to people whose IBS seems to have been triggered by a GI Infection.One explaination is that the damage to the Nerves in the Gut from the immune system killing off the bad guys just takes a really long time to heal up, if it ever does. So it is not unheard of for people to have IBS for a year or two and have it become much less.But you may be at risk for a recurrance if you get a bad GI infection, or suffer a major traumatic/stressful experience.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.