Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Hi allinknots. I have hypoglycemia and only recently got it under control. I also have IBS D predominant and M.E/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). I got the hypoglycemia under control by not eating any refined carbohydrates during the day (no white flour products, white rice or sugar of any kind, including fruit sugar). The book I got on hypoglycemia that recommended this 'diet' says not to eat any refined carbohydrates at all, but I cheat and eat them after my evening meal. I still need to eat regularly but the drops in blood sugar aren't as bad and I can go a bit longer without food. I have to eat before and after exercise too. Previously (on my doctor's advice) I was eating pasta, bannanas and taking dextrose (glucose) all the time which I now realise was contributing to my problems. I know it's a bit freaky when you get a blood sugar dip. Just try and eat 'right' (whatever that is for you) everyday if it keeps you on an even keel. Best wishes

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Hi allinknots. I have hypoglycemia and only recently got it under control. I also have IBS D predominant and M.E/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). I got the hypoglycemia under control by not eating any refined carbohydrates during the day (no white flour products, white rice or sugar of any kind, including fruit sugar). The book I got on hypoglycemia that recommended this 'diet' says not to eat any refined carbohydrates at all, but I cheat and eat them after my evening meal. I still need to eat regularly but the drops in blood sugar aren't as bad and I can go a bit longer without food. I have to eat before and after exercise too. Previously (on my doctor's advice) I was eating pasta, bannanas and taking dextrose (glucose) all the time which I now realise was contributing to my problems. I know it's a bit freaky when you get a blood sugar dip. Just try and eat 'right' (whatever that is for you) everyday if it keeps you on an even keel. Best wishes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.