Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,478 Posts
I have problems sometimes with low blood sugar. When it drops too low, I get migraines. I'm not hypoglycemic according to the tests, but I have worked with a nutritionist on this and IBS. She was marginally helpful on the IBS but helpful with the other - and gee, it's not normal to see spots when you get hungry. I try to avoid the nasty cycle of not eating to avoid IBS D but then getting a migraine because I haven't eaten.I think the best advice is what you got above. Make sure to eat regular meals. And when I feel that shaky feeling coming on, I drink a glass of milk - first the carbs help and then the protein kicks in. It's strange thing for me to crave, given that I'm lactose intolerant too, but that's why i keep Lactaid around.nancy

· Registered
1,478 Posts
I have problems sometimes with low blood sugar. When it drops too low, I get migraines. I'm not hypoglycemic according to the tests, but I have worked with a nutritionist on this and IBS. She was marginally helpful on the IBS but helpful with the other - and gee, it's not normal to see spots when you get hungry. I try to avoid the nasty cycle of not eating to avoid IBS D but then getting a migraine because I haven't eaten.I think the best advice is what you got above. Make sure to eat regular meals. And when I feel that shaky feeling coming on, I drink a glass of milk - first the carbs help and then the protein kicks in. It's strange thing for me to crave, given that I'm lactose intolerant too, but that's why i keep Lactaid around.nancy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.