Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I went to a pampered chef party last weekat my neighbors house. My neighbor also suffers from IBS and so did the person who put on the pc show. they are a close knit friendship circle from their church and I had no problem with my neighbor telling them about my ibs-d. The person doing the show told me that she takes a product called Agree. She said that she gets it at GNC stores. she said that it helped her get her life back.Now I'm the type of person that takes whatever anyone says with a grain of salt. It takes alot for me to trust someone I don't know at their word. But I figured maybe I would ask all of you if you had heard of it and if I should give it a try. I'm just not sure. I have wasted so much money trying things that people tell me about.So if any of you have heard of it or tried it can you please give me some insight. I looked it up on their website and didn't get a whole lot of info on it. Here's the link to it. GNC

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I've used some enzyme formulas before with very limited success--may have helped slightly with bloating. This combination is new to me...I've never seen enzymes labeled "fungal" before. Anyone know anything about that?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Every plant, animal, fungus, and bacteria uses enzymes to do all the metabolic processes.Fungal enzymes are pulled out of some fungus or other. Each critters enzymes can have a slightly different specificity, but I don't know why fungal would be better than anything else...unless they are trying to get something without extracting it out of an animal, which a lot of vegetarians wouldn't want to use.K.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I've tried many enzyme formulas in the past, including Agree from GNC. All of them help a bit, but the best one I've ever used -- and still do -- is Parazyme by Renew Life (www.renewlife.com) This company makes several IBS-friendly products which have really helped with my IBS-D, including a fiber supplement and a terrific formula called Intestinew which really turned a corner for me on my symptoms. They are sold in most health food stores and the Vitamin Shoppe, or you can e-mail them at their website for locations/ordering info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.