Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing some conversations on here between some of those from the Sacramento area and was wondering how everyone is doing. I am interested in trying to set up a time and place where we can meet each week or every other week. I know I don't feel comfortable committing to doing things because I never know how I am going to feel. However, I want to try to overcome this and want to work with others who are understanding of this condition. I am tired of this IBS running my life, and I want to have more fun! If anyone is interested, please let me know. Susan

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm somewhat in the area and might be interested. How would it be set up? Would there be a moderator of some sort, like a nurse or someone, or just us IBSers meeting to encourage each other and what not? Would it be in someone's home or meet at a park or (gasp!) restaurant? If the logistics are right I would sign up, I think.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm somewhat in the area and might be interested. How would it be set up? Would there be a moderator of some sort, like a nurse or someone, or just us IBSers meeting to encourage each other and what not? Would it be in someone's home or meet at a park or (gasp!) restaurant? If the logistics are right I would sign up, I think.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bellyknot, I agree with you. I was thinking of a group where we can get together for an hour or two to do something fun or just talk, but nothing real heavy. I just think it could be uplifting to get out and do some enjoyable things with the understanding from others that there may be times that we can't stay as long if we're having our IBS challenges, or if we need to disappear to use the restroom, or whatever. Just knowing that everyone is flexible and understanding when we make plans would hopefully make it that much less anxiety provoking to commit to something that could be alot of fun. Maybe the first get-together could be at a coffeehouse (not that you have to order to coffee - ugh), but it would be a neutral, casual environment. Somewhere possibly around the Folsom area or a little further in toward Rancho Cordova, or I'm up for suggestions! I want to make it as convenient as possible for everyone. During that first meeting, we could plan for the following meeting whether we would like to possibly go shopping, or to the movies, or a park where we can just sit and talk. For myself, I'm just thinking the most therapeutic thing would be to start enjoying more activities with others and working through the discomfort, and not letting the fear of my IBS stop me from living life more fully. The times of day that are best for me would be the afternoons, just because that's when I feel the best. But this may be difficult for others with full-time jobs or kids. I am open also to Saturday or Sunday afternoons. By the way, I am 38 and married with no children. My husband and I opened a business in Folsom in August 2000, so life is a little stressful, which doesn't do much for the good ol' IBS. I just wonder how I would be if I had kids, too!
Anyway, that's a little about me. I sure hope that we can figure out something.Please let me know what you all think. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bellyknot, I agree with you. I was thinking of a group where we can get together for an hour or two to do something fun or just talk, but nothing real heavy. I just think it could be uplifting to get out and do some enjoyable things with the understanding from others that there may be times that we can't stay as long if we're having our IBS challenges, or if we need to disappear to use the restroom, or whatever. Just knowing that everyone is flexible and understanding when we make plans would hopefully make it that much less anxiety provoking to commit to something that could be alot of fun. Maybe the first get-together could be at a coffeehouse (not that you have to order to coffee - ugh), but it would be a neutral, casual environment. Somewhere possibly around the Folsom area or a little further in toward Rancho Cordova, or I'm up for suggestions! I want to make it as convenient as possible for everyone. During that first meeting, we could plan for the following meeting whether we would like to possibly go shopping, or to the movies, or a park where we can just sit and talk. For myself, I'm just thinking the most therapeutic thing would be to start enjoying more activities with others and working through the discomfort, and not letting the fear of my IBS stop me from living life more fully. The times of day that are best for me would be the afternoons, just because that's when I feel the best. But this may be difficult for others with full-time jobs or kids. I am open also to Saturday or Sunday afternoons. By the way, I am 38 and married with no children. My husband and I opened a business in Folsom in August 2000, so life is a little stressful, which doesn't do much for the good ol' IBS. I just wonder how I would be if I had kids, too!
Anyway, that's a little about me. I sure hope that we can figure out something.Please let me know what you all think. Thanks for responding!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Jean. I went ahead and posted under the Support Group Section under the Sacramento CA thread. We can carry this conversation over to that section as well, under "All those interested in Sacramento group".Susan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Jean. I went ahead and posted under the Support Group Section under the Sacramento CA thread. We can carry this conversation over to that section as well, under "All those interested in Sacramento group".Susan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.