Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried pancreatic enzymes or know if it would help with having bile problems.I have excessive bile in my stool (I do not have a colon - could be be a malabsorption problem). I cannot tolerate fiber because its very constipating. My doctor prescribed Protease and said it MAY help.I would appreciate any information or experience anyone has regarding using these enzymes.
I

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I don't see how pancreatic enzymes could help. I could even seeing them making worse by encouraging the production of more bile.Special fibers like Questran would help absorb it. Have you tried reducing how much fat you consume?
quote:I do not have a colon - could be be a malabsorption problem
The ileum absorbs bile, not the colon, so that shouldn't be the cause of it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Flux,I hardly have any fat in my diet. Unfortunately I cant take Questran because of having problems with constipation and any type of fiber makes it worse. (I thought bile is supposed to give you diarrhea, but its never happened to me thoughI cant figure out why I am having such a problem with bile and it hurts a lot. It only started after having my colon removed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.