Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was this Doctor Dawn, and a telephone caller was talking about her IBS problems, and the doctor says it is definitely stress related, and that she prescribes a tiny little dose of amitryptiline and has had great results for her patients. She didn't say how much, or how often, to take it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I went to my GP/Doctor and she prescribed it for me,at 10mg only, taken at night as it can make you drowsy,then after a couple of weeks it had not helped and she put the dose up to 20mg and i tried that,but did not help me.As far as i'm aware it can constipate you a bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was put on 10 mg of amitryptiline 2 days ago. So far, I am feeling much better and have eaten all the groceries I bought for the week. I have alternating constipation and diarrhea...but a flare up for me is diarrhea...so constipation is awesome for now. There is hope. I have tried dicetel, diet, celexa, etc...celexa made it worse! Other than being tired on this amitryptiline, I feel like I can eat anything and get through a whole day without any worries. However, I do watch fat content, alcohol, caffeine, and dairy products. It isn't a total free ride remember!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.