Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kristi....IBS has a whole host of symptoms, ranging from the obvious one, to the not so obvious ones. I have run to the doctor thinking I was having a heart attack before. I have had cold sweats, that were relived by a trip to the bathroom, leaving me slightly weak in the knees. You are not crazy, your body is just doing some crazy things.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Kristi! Just wondering if you're taking any meds and what they are?? I had the cold sweat experience with Elavil and boy, they were doozies! Didn't happen when I first started it, but after a couple months, it kicked in.. Might not hurt to evaluate what meds you're on. Just a suggestion. Hope they go away and you feel better!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I get cold sweats when the pain is especially bad. My consulting nurse said that the irritation/pain in the bowels is activating (for want of a better word)the vagus nerve, causing hot/cold sweats and dizziness and everything going black. She said it was due to a drop in blood pressure. She could be full of it, but it is as good an answer as any.She told me this as I was sitting on the toilet one night in a cold sweat.Ciao.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.