Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just prescribed Compazine (generic - Prochlorperazine) for nausea. Can you tell me anything about it, good or bad? The side effects really sound wicked. Would like some opinions before starting it. Thanks Ladymac

G

·
The nausea is worse than the side effects, when I needed the compazine I took 1/2 tablet and had no side effects.char

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Gardentime : I understand from your statement that the pills can be broken in half. I have the 10 mg and would want to take just 5 mg to start. Was not sure because they have a hard coating on the pill.Please let me know if that is correct.You are right, the nausea is terrible.

G

·
I used to take compazine...it works pretty well and I don't recall having any side effects. I now rely on Phenergan for serious nausea...it is the bomb except that it makes you very sleepy and the half life lasts a while..the day after you take it you will be dragging around...but it does work well.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I take compazine for nausea from migraines so can't talk about side effects for long term use. But I do know you can get it in 5mg tablets rather than 10 if you want - then you don't have to break them.nancy

G

·
Hey Ladymac517I did not see on any of the compazine info that it could not be split in half. Been doing it for 4 years with no ill effects. Char

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.