Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an IBS-D sufferer (once a month) mostly around my period, which I think is hormone related. After trying lots of other brand types of BC pills to help with painful menstrual cramps, I've taken my doc's advice to try the new Ortho Evra patch. Apparently, lower dosage of estrogen and more level when it comes to ups and downs of hormone dosage from other BC Pills (I always got a big headaches from others like Yasmin, Ortho Tricyclen, etc). Anyone taking this or know someone who does? I'm having some wicked IBS-D side effects (D, nausea, stomach cramps) and wondering if anyone else has too. I'm only on the beginning of my third week on it and considering ripping it off of me for relief. Any help out there? Thanks ladies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello...I am on the BC patch but I have IBS C. I am very happy with the patch. I like it better than ortho tricyclen. I have been on the patch for almost a year now and I never had any side effects. I would definitely talk to your doctor! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input. I know, I thought I wouldn't have much of a reaction, but it could also be coupled with the fact that we had no power here for two days in the new york area and it was very stressful. I appreciate your response!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too was on the BC Patch -- I had really bad nausea, and some horrible cramping (a hot, heavy feeling) right above my vagina. I couldn't take it anymore -- I am on Ortho-Tricyclin Lo. That seems to be working just fine.Not long after I stopped using the patch, a friend of mine got pregnant -- while on the patch.Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.